Installation: Technic Launcher
This guide will show you how you can install a Technic Launcher server onto your server.
Knowledge on how to use FTP, and a FTP program (more info)
In order to download the server files, you will need to go to the modpack’s official Technic Launcher page, such as this one for Tekkit at http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/tekkitmain.552547.
Now you will have to click on server download. After you have done so, a .rar file will be downloaded. Extract it into an empty folder.
Installing The Modpack
1. Create a new folder called JAR in the server folder you just downloaded.
2. Rename the modpack’s jar, for example Tekkit.jar to simply forge.jar (the modpack’s jar is any .jar file that is named something other than minecraft_server_versionnumber.jar).
3. Move the forge.jar, the minecraft_server jar, and the libraries folder inside your new “jar” folder.
4. Delete everything from your server using FTP.
5. Upload all server files to your server using FTP.
6. Enter the JAR in your server’s FTP, and make sure that its name is not “forge.jar.jar”! THIS IS IMPORTANT!
7. Change the jar file in your Multicraft Control Panel to “forge.jar”, then click on Save at the bottom of the page.
8. Start the server!
You should now have your server up and running. If you have any issues, you may wish to invest in our addon called Modpack Installation and Support.
Was this answer helpful?
This guide will show you how to go use ATLauncher and install it onto your server....
Before Installing.. In this tutorial, you will get to install your desired Feed the Beast...
In this article, we will cover the basics of the Craftbukkit (this also applies to Spigot...
Cauldron allows you to run both Forge mods and Craftbukkit plugins simultaneously on your...
This guide will show you two ways you can upload and install plugins on your server. You can...